A downloadable lizard for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Put on a lizard and go for an adventure!
Choose your lizard carefully. You can find six different ones scattered across the land, each with its own special ability.
You'll need these abilities as you make your difficult journey through many dangerous places. Carefully hop your way to the top of an active volcano. Surf down a surging river. Swim an underwater lake. Ascend a snowy mountaintop. What kind of strange creatures will you meet? Can you unravel the mysteries of Lizard?
Lizard is an original game for the NES. You can download the ROM to play on any platform with a suitable emulator, or you can download an application version for your preferred platform. This itch.io purchase also comes with a Steam key.
A free demo version is available below.
- Tricky platforming gameplay. There is an "easy" mode but many find it difficult.
- Coin currency that is of dubious value.
- Too small for details tiny pixelated nudity.
- Spooky skeletons.
- Strange concept of death that may not reflect reality.
- An obscure tobacco reference?
- A mug of coffee somewhere.
- You'll get lost.
NES cartridges available at:
- North America: https://6502collective.com/store/p_2548803/lizard
- Europe: https://www.brokestudio.fr/product/lizard-nes/
System requirements, one of:
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Windows XP SP2 or later (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or later recommended)
- DOS (486, 4MB RAM. Pentium and Sound Blaster recommended)
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- English (Manual)
- Français (Mode d'emploi)
- Português do Brasil (Manual de instruções)
- Deutsch (Bedienungsanleitung)
- Español (Manual de instrucciones)
- 日本語 (取扱説明書)
- 4207 - 2022-09-17 SNES demo version.
- 4206 - 2022-09-16 SNES version.
- 4205 - 2019-10-27 Mac OS notarized 64-bit build.
- 4204 - 2019-04-10 DOS version fix for read only floppy.
- 4203 - 2019-03-11 DOS demo version sound fix.
- 4202 - 2019-03-11 DOS version sound fix.
- 4201 - 2018-10-18 Source code demo.
- 4200 - 2018-10-18 Source code.
- 4199 - 2018-10-27 DOS version, improved translation system.
- 4198 - 2018-05-26 Demo version.
- 4197 - 2018-02-26 Software rendering fallback for systems without GPU.
- 4196 - 2018-02-20 Minor PC performance fix.
- 4195 - 2018-02-19 Translation support finalized.
- 4194 - 2018-02-06 First release.
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||bobble, DOS, famicom, lizard, NES (Nintendo Entertainment System), Open World, Retro, Singleplayer, snes|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America, French, Japanese, Portuguese (Portugal)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Support|
In order to download this lizard you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- My lizard is the Lizard of SNES80 days ago
- Now available in Japanese! (日本語)Dec 28, 2019
- Now available in Spanish! (Español)Oct 27, 2019
- Lizard has an official DiscordApr 30, 2019
- My lizard is the Lizard of RandomApr 20, 2019
- DOS version updated with sound fix.Mar 11, 2019
- My lizard is the Lizard of DOS (also: Br-Portugese, German)Oct 27, 2018
- My lizard is the Lizard of SourceOct 18, 2018